Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Philosophy of humor

I'm discussing humor with a couple people right now, and it's getting me thinking about life in general.
I like to think that without humor, we have nothing. Humor is the essence of life as we know it. What are we doing with our lives? Well, hopefully, we're being entertained by some form of humor.
If we don't have humor, what exactly do we have?
If we can't hear the sound of laughter, if we cant smile at something funny, if we can't smile because someone else is smiling at something funny, what the hell are we doing?
With this in mind, I'm dedicating my life to making people laugh. I've got about 4 minutes of stand-up material written (done in the last 24 hours) and I've got several ideas that need to be pared down.
To help prove this point, I'm going to be carrying out a lie in the near future that only a handful of people know about...and the whole point of this lie is because it's funny. If it doesn't harm anyone, and I (along with a few in the know) think it's funny, then how bad can it be, right?
I guess the point of all this is that I feel like laughter is the essence of life, and it's among my goals to simply make people laugh as often as I can.
That's my new goal in life...make people laugh.

3 comments:

Dreamer said...

thats some deep junk man....sounds like something from Bruce himself

The Chronicles said...

I actually took a course at that one college based entirely on the philosophy of humor. Of course it was pretty gay, but there's some interesting stuff to be learned behind all of the laughter

Chad said...

AMEN!