Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ranklings

Dictionary.com definition....here.

Some things just get me goin...
- FedEx Express. This still gets me. Federal Express Express. jackasses

- I think it's time we think about re-evaluating the border policy in this fine country. It's gone too far. We strive so hard to let people feel like they're true Americans that we manage to alienate those who were born here and have earned the benefits. I'm not proposing anything outlandish here, and I'm well aware of the American stigma of going to other countries and seeming to demand respect from people and - much worse - being surprised or even offended that these people don't speak english. I propose something far more entertaining in nature, albeit impossible.
That's right, I propose that we start giving foreign born citizens jobs where we don't have to listen to them talk. Furthermore, I propose that other countries stop feeding into the American ego. If I go to a tourist spot in Morocco, I expect Moroccan to be spoken. Just like if a Moroccan came to OU, they'd expect english. Who are we to say that other countries shoudl help cater to us? What kind of pricks are we?
The real point of all of this is that I really don't like listening to teachers for 2 hours when they can't even speak english. I think we need to stop this process bigtime. The only way to cut off the american dream of doing whatever you want in America is to get the word out that you can't do whatever you want. For instance, if I moved to China and just began to grasp the language, would they hire me as a teacher to help fill a quota? Hell, no. So why should we be doing this over here? It just doesn't make sense.
If I moved to China, you know where they'd stick me and my crappy dialect? Right where I belong...in an American food restaurant. And I'd accept my niche.


- ...foreign professors

- New York sports teams.

- Terrell Owens being a big d-bag. It's fine to not be satisfied with the way things are going and to strive for better things, but come on. At least he's not knocking Tony Romo, I guess.
Speaking of Tony Romo, he completely stole the moment from Drew Bledsoe. Drew Bledsoe has made his career out of throwing back-breaking INTs in the waning moments of games that look like they might be winnable. Monday night, Bledsoe's out, Romo's in, the Cowboys have a shot, yadda yadda yadda, 95 yard INT return for a TD. Poetic Justice is served.

- Hippies. This could be about 200 pages worth of Ranklings.

- Gary Baxter's patellar tendons. For those of you who don't know, Baxter is on the Browns, and he just tore both patellar tendons - which are the tendon connecting your knee cap to your shin in the front of your knee. It's not so much that Baxter tore his...it's this: When one PT (for short) is torn, you're all but immobile, there's no way you're moving faster than an awful, 1-footed walk...so in order for Baxter to have torn both, he must have done it at the EXACT SAME TIME. What an athlete. Absolutely incredible.

- And of course...The Omen. That movie sucked.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

poor baxter, seriously. he'll be in a wheelchair for at least 6 months. just feel that tendon, and then imagine what it would feel like to tear it....ouch.