Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quick note

Just a thought. Coke blogged about John Kerry being a tool. And even before that happened, I was thinking about Kerry today. Here's my question to those badass democrats out there. If you're so tough...and the Democrats are so correct...and Bush sucks so badly...how come you lefties didn't produce anyone better that could possibly win the election?
That was just a thought that came to me today.
I'll blog something more interesting in the next few days...like how the Browns won a game! and how the Cavvies start Wednesday night!
Woo-hoo! The sports world is looking up!

p.s. I'm not bashing democrats, and I'm not a hardcore conservative or anything...I can't stand that people are still complaining about this.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Yes, and on a related note, what's with all the complaining about things like "Republicans are just putting anti-gay-marriage issues on the ballot to turn out their voting base!" (Admittedly, this was a bigger issue in the 2004 and 2005 elections, but you'll still hear latent grumblings about it.)

I support gay marriage as a policy matter, but complaints like that raise two points. One is that doing so is a very smart political move -- energizing your voting base is half the battle in many elections. But the second, and perhaps larger point, is that as long as I've been a voter (not that long, I know) and as long as I've been interested in politics (longer, but still not that long -- I'm only 24) the Democrats have never controlled a single issue that energizes their voting base. If anyone can point me to any issue that defines the modern Democratic Party, I am all ears.

NyeK said...

you should talk to Coke.