Sunday, February 26, 2006

Home Kicks Ass

Straying from the theme here, but I feel as if I must.
For those of you reading (all 4 of you), I went home for the weekend, and as you may have guessed, it kicked ass. Well, that's not wholly true since the ride from Marietta back home took roughly 5 hours. Arielle's car stopped working (screwy gas gauge) and we had to hop a ride with Ali Hanna (our saviour) after waiting for the tow-truck to come 30 miles to get us - which took roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes. But I digress.
Once home, I got to eat chicken puffs, which, if you've never had, I feel bad for you...and I'm sure almost no one reading this has. After that it was time for a shower that came with water pressure below that of a fire hose, which was nice. Then I sat around for a little bit talking to the parents until Abby got in for the weekend, apparently her ride there sucked too...misery loves company.
Anyway, went to Arielle's house to hang out for a bit, that was nice, then got to come home and sleep with my dog...which was cute...seriously. The real cuteness clincher came when I had to lift her off of my bed in the morning because she was too tender from her surgery this week (spayed) to jump down - adorable, I know. Moving on, I slept til about 12:30, which was super-duper, and then proceeded to accomplish absolutely nothing until Jensen came over at like 2:30. Needless to say, our sports watching turned into sports playing as we recreated the ultimate childhood activity of playing 2 on 2 vs. Adam Morrison and JJ Redick. We obviously dominated. Their D just couldn't handle the superb passing and offensive rebounding of Ryan and I. We proceeded to lower the rim down to about 8 feet so we could toss alley-oops and throw down all over Morrison's ugly ass. Rounded out the night with dinner with both moms (mine and my surrogate mother...who happens to be ryan's real mother), dad, larry bird (ryan's mom's boyfriendish guy), ryan, abby, and arielle. I just realized that I got really lazy with capitalization in that last sentence, oh well. Then we watched Crash, and that was about it for my weekend.
As for sports this weekend...meh. Thats all, meh. Duke was unconvincing in their victory over those queermos. Yahoo for JJ getting the ACC scoring record, good for him...he played a shitty game though. Cavs got spanked by Detroit, lost 3rd straight. They need to get it together and not collapse like last year or things are going to get ugly in Cleveland. Also, Sheed shoulda gotten ejected for blasting Z on the melon...that thing bled like crazy. Uhh...UConn rolled, they're good. The olympics are over, woopti-freakin doo - espn ruined them anyways.
One final thought, 2 weeks from today, I'll be in Florida for Spring Breaks, and it's gonna totally kick ass...go ahead, leave a comment on where you'll be while I'm in Florida, I'll be thrilled to read them...suckaaaaas.
ha, I'm a loser.
As always, Go Browns, Cavs, and Tribe.

No comments: