Monday, February 27, 2006

Some sports, Some not

The Texans might trade away from Reggie Bush? meh. They don't need him as badly as other teams do, so they might be able to get some serious goods for him, I'd listen if I were the Texans. I wish I could watch the combine, the NFL Network would be a sound investment at this point.

I have like 3 tests tomorrow (Tuesday) and that's really why I'm blogging. Realistically, there's no sense in studying for a test I'll fail either way - that's AllState's stand. But seriously, biology is gonna kick my ass, stats is gonna be gayer than gay because my professor is just that - gay. I tell everyone that watching this guy try to teach us over microsoft Excel is like watching a 2 year old try to put the circle peg into the square hole. And I have a communications test which shouldn't be too bad, I guess.
Rasheed Wallace is an asshole.
That guy who Garnett hit with the ball must have a vagina the size of Canada. A $5000 fine probably didn't mean much to KG, but still, he shouldn't have gotten fined at all - he was nice enough to go apologize to the vag-face who got stretchered out to a well deserved round of boos.

Sports gambling keeps my life entertaining. Jensen and I have come up with a pretty good way to beat the system. The trick is to put a couple bucks (i usually do 2, he does more because he's got a $5 minimum bet...probably too much information, but oh well) on a 3 or 4 (or 9) team parlay. Now, I know you're thinking "But Nye, that's crazy! You're liable to lose a leg to a bookie that carries a sythe!" Well, the kicker is to bet only on teams that are favored by 8 points or more - that's my breaking point usually. I've been known to occasionally throw in lesser favorites, such as the Phoenix Suns tonight, only 2.5 point favorites over the Houston Rockets...who the Suns beat by 40 the last time they played. The Suns won, and I won $6 on my $2 bet - it's that simple! I feel like that guy on TV who wears the yellow suits with dollar signs or question marks on them, only I'm not nearly that gay...or am I?

Yeah, I gave you a nice little cliff-hanger there.

West Virginia is gay. The point was just brought up on SportsCenter that their jackass fans stormed the court after a win over underdog Pittsburgh. That's right, WVU was favored in this game and stormed the court after winning...why are they so stupid? That's a rhetorical question, there are too many answers to list.

Jensen brought to my attention that Anderson Varejao simply didn't play tonight in the Cavaliers' loss to the Pistons tonight. What the hell? Plain and simple, what the hell?
Well, I've put off studying for a pretty long time, so I'm gonna...eh, go to bed, ha.
As always, go Browns, Cavs, and Tribe!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

sleeping instead of studying, you made the right choice.

Jeff said...

let me just say that i love the irrelevant link the the scythe. you're getting the hang of this blogging thing.

but under no circumstances do i condone sleeping instead of stu ... zzzz....