Thursday, November 02, 2006

Unrelated thoughts

I'm gonna go in a few different directions here...first of all, there was a meeting in the lobby today. The banner read FREE SEX Information. ...I thought that was pretty clever. Anyway, at the meeting, they passed out green condoms and some condom education sheets. Some things that I think are worth mentioning about this are as follows: What kind of girl would be willing to have sex with a man who put on a green condom? Seriously, why don't they pass out a condom that you could use on people that aren't blind (cuz how many blind hotties have you ever met? Just out of curiosity, is all)?
The other thing that should be noted about this seemingly good idea for a meeting is they gave out a sheet titled "13 steps for Using a Condom Correctly" Step 1. Get consent.
Get consent for what? Are you about to have sex with a girl and then have to ask if you can use a condom? If she says no, do you not have sex? What is going on here? This is just about the strangest thing I've ever read.

Let's get to more interesting stuff.
Cavaliers opened, won, outplayed the Wizards. Larry Hughes is very good at basketball again, that's nice. LeBron James is still real good, although he didn't do anything that absolutely blew me away (save having 2 very nice blocks). Any way you slice it, Cavs won, 1 down, 81 Ws to go. Got the Spurs Friday night in what'll surely be a barn-burner.
Browns finally got a W on the same day that the Bengals and Steelers lost. For those 5 hours or so, all was right in the world. Then you look at the stat sheet and realize that we still were held under 300 yards of offense and you realize that Jeff Davidson had very little to do with that win, and that the defense really just rocked the Jets' socks off. That's not to say that Davidson didn't commit to the run, as advertised. Droughns did end up with 33 carries for 125 yards, which was pretty sweet. Iduno, I'm not holding out a ton of hope for this week, but as a Cleveland fan, I'm eternally optimistic.


More other news, Halloween at OU really is pretty wild. This year was a supposedly small crowd, which is really something considering that there were an ass-load of people in town. Iduno, lots of people, lots of fun, good times, I'm going to bed so I can actually get a decent night's sleep before I drive home tomorrow.
Keep on keepin' on, Cleveland sports fans, I dig ya.



that would be my sign off if I were a Cleveland sports personality.

No comments: