Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Basketball season.

I'm so pumped that basketball's back. This is the best time of the year. I love this. When do I ever seem this excited about a post? During basketball season, that's when.
Everything is good about this. I'm watching some NIT regional finals - gonzaga vs. baylor. I must say, I like the zags a lot more now that Morrison's gone - I can't stand him. They got Raivio back, and they have Pierre Altidor-Cespedes...whose nickname is in the works. Baylor's getting killed, but I will continue to watch because it's college basketball! yes! Saw a bit of the UNC game earlier, good times. I was shocked to see that Tyler Hansbrough's career high in rebounds was only 11. I know he's only been in for a year and a couple games...but he's a power forward/center who pretty much out-athletes everyone....Iduno, it was just surprising.
Speaking of surprising...Kansas already started choking! Awesome! I pick them every year and they already blew it! Oral Roberts wins by a convincing 7 point margin. Kansas came in ranked #3, I don't know who they were kidding. I'm looking forward to them once again choking their way into the toughest region at a 3 or 4 seed and eeking through the first round...maybe 2 rounds, and then getting beaten by double digits. Mark it down, you can set your calendar by it. Nothing marks the tail end of March like a Kansas choke. I love college basketball.
The Cavaliers are good. Larry Hughes left the game with a bruised leg, that's no fun, but at least it's just a bruise. I'm not even writing about interesting stuff here, I don't know what's going on.
I'm really tired...and I have a lot of studying to do - 1 final down, 3 to go. I shouldn't have stayed up til 5 plotting pranks last night. Stupid college kids.
...just a thought...as I'm watching ESPN during halftime...is this Karl Ravech? I haven't seen his face yet, but is Karl Ravech really pulling off college basketball analysis? This is something that needs to be examined.
I'm going to bed.
Go Cavs, Browns, and Tribe!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

hasn't raivio been at gonzaga for like 8 years?