Friday, November 17, 2006

My letter to FSN

I hate it when seemingly intelligent television stations do stupid things. Last year at that little school east of here I wrote a scathing letter to comcast cable after they managed to show the same bengals/steelers game on both of their cbs channels. Profane, angry, yet structured. Ultimately I got a response that basically said they'd be forced to put my opinions in the trash folder. ...seems pretty stupid to me, considering an angry opinion means a lot more than a rational, calm opinion...if you ask me that is. Anyway, I decided to take a hint from those retards and send a letter along to FSN Ohio discussing how they've shown the Blue Jackets instead of the Cavaliers each of the last two times they've each played simultaneously.
So, here it is.


I'm a student at Ohio University, hailing from the Cleveland area, and I'm appalled at the fact that twice in a row, FSN Ohio has showed the Columbus Blue Jacket hockey game instead of the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball game. I realize that we're geographically closer to Columbus than Cleveland, but here is a list of reasons that this scheduling :
1. The Blue Jackets have the worst record in their division.
2. The Cavaliers have the best record in their conference.
3. LeBron James is the most marketable athlete in the world today - providing the Cavaliers with one of the largest fan-bases in the NBA.
4. The NHL locked out for an entire season and came back - yet no one seemed to notice; the NHL is the least-watched professional sport short of the WNBA.
5. I have never met anyone who can name more than 1 player on the Columbus Blue Jackets.
6. I don't know anyone who can't name 1 player on the Cleveland Cavaliers (this is clearly related to #3).

The bottom line is that it's preposterous to put any NHL game (the Stanley Cup last year drew worse ratings than regular season MLB games...which is embarassing) on instead of any NBA game - especially when said NBA game features 2 of the league's best players in LeBron James and Kevin Garnett.
In closing, I understand that FSN Ohio is contracted to show games featuring both of these teams; I just find it ridiculous to think that the last two times they played simultaneously, the Blue Jackets were deemed more important.
I expect changes.


There you have it. I expect changes, and a response.
Based on the response I get, I might not only post the response, but then counter-argue and unleash the proverbial beast on them. I'm pumped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're whining over missing one Cavs game in about 82? Try only getting to see your favorite NFL team play twice a year if that(Bills against Miami), it's not even a matter of zoning either on cbs as miami fans only see their beloved fins a limited amount as well-apparently their are a lot of ravens/titans/jets/texan fans in florida.