Monday, May 01, 2006

Screw short posts

I am a sports junkie. I have a problem with them. I absolutely cannot exist without sports to distract me. I have found myself on a nearly daily basis gamecasting at least 2 MLB games while watching the NBA playoffs...then watching sportscenter from roughly 1 a.m. to 3 a.m. Not to mention how much time I wasted watching the draft (enough hours to not count on one hand) for those 5 seconds that they discuss the pick. This is all in addition to my regular checks to indians.com, espn.com, clevelandbrowns.com, and cavs.com. At this stage, all must wonder; what can I possibly gain from this?
Nothing.
And I'm OK with that.
Is there a career in knowing about sports? ...I don't know anyone working for ESPN, so I'm pretty sure that's a negative. I don't think I have much hope of becoming a pro athlete, so that's out. And I also don't have any idea how to become an announcer - even though I don't think that's what I'd wanna do as a career/major. But somehow, some way, it makes sense to love everything about pro sports (except hockey, because come on...lockouts? for hockey players? I know they're tougher than I'll ever be, but they're also waaay richer than I'll be). But seriously...as Lou Brown once said in Major League 2, "ooh yeah, I love this shit!"

That's all I got. I'm trying not to write pages and pages about the Cavs playoff showings (Bron is sick, but play some god damn defense...and stop being called for fouls that you didn't make...yeah), but they'll pull it out. And the draft was alright, I like the first 2 picks by Cleveland, and anything after the 2nd round, I just take the GM's word for it since I won't know about the guys. So yeah, pretty happy with it.

That's all, as always, go Tribe, Cavs (2 more), and Browns!

No comments: