Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bengals Fan Club, Est. 2004

I'm not here to complain about how awful the Browns looked. I'm not going to say that we should have beaten the Bengals. I'm not even going to waste my time getting mad at Braylon Edwards dropping 4 out of 7 passes to him today. However, I am going to get mad at Bengals "fans."
I spent the first half of today's game at a friend's apartment full of Browns fans. Needless to say, we talked about all sorts of things regarding the Browns, Bengals, blowjobs, and football. At one point we got to talking about how much Cincinnati fans piss us off. One of my colleagues was in class the other day when their professor - a known Browns supporter - asked the students to raise their hands if they were Bengals fans. After an ample number of students obliged and raised their hands, he followed up with "OK, now how many of you would have raised your hands 5 years ago?" Dear readers, as you might imagine, my first-hand witness stated that approximately half of those hands went down.
Really...I knew there were fans like that, everyone knows that fair-weather fans exist, but how can Cincinnati fans be so ridiculously gay as to openly admit that they are this type of person? Why would you openly say, "yes, I only support them because they're winning. I didn't like them when they sucked, and I won't like them the next time they suck."
The audacity of these cock-suckers blows me away. The reason us Browns fans hate the Bengals so much is that us Browns fans exist. When the Bengals sucked, they didn't have fans. We suck, and we still have die-hard fans who live and (more often) die with this team's successes and (more often) failures.
I love this team. No doubt about it, I love the Cleveland Browns.
We're one of the worst teams I've ever seen, but that doesn't shake my allegiance in the least. It hurts my pride, but I could never root for anyone else.
Sure, someday it'll come around that the Bengals will suck and the Browns will be a good team; and just like that, the Browns fan numbers will balloon and people will probably say the same thing about us. But let it be known, my friends, that this fan, and all of the friends he holds dear have and always will be loyal supporters of what is currently one of the worst franchises in sports.
Go ahead - 10 years from now I want you to tell me that we're all fair-weather supporters, we're not true fans - I dare you. I'll come right back with tales of making a trip to Cincinnati to watch the Browns get beaten by those jump-start faggoty Bengals because I loved that team enough to make the trip from that little school in southern Ohio. I'll tell you about how I sought out the local Browns Backers bar wherever I was if the Browns were not carried on the local cable provider.
So to you, fair-weather Bengals fans...please, remember this day.
Remember the days when you guys were good and you liked the Bengals. Remember them, because when I see you switching over and wearing a Browns jersey somewhere down the road, I will rip it off of your back and tell you to go fist your dad's asshole because you're a faggot.
Browns fan for life; win or lose. Fuck you if you're not.

P.S. If you've been a Bengals fan through-out the 90s, and have some kind of proof of it, I salute you. There is mutual respect between those true fans and the true fans of the current Browns because we each know what the other has been through. That's not to say that we'd get along, but we have that certain level of sympathy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings a tear to my eye, well done.