Thursday, September 07, 2006

More Musings

First of all, after these next couple tidbits about life, I'm thinking maybe I should change the name of the blog to "Life's Little Musings." Any thoughts?
Well, here are my 2 main stories...
First of all, I was told to give a shout-out to Mike Eppich and I wasn't really sure how to do it in a cool way...so here's the story he told me:
so today in spanish my friend was told to read a paragraph that contained "los estados unidos."
he fucked up
and said
"los estados unegros"
followed by what I (nye again) can only imagine as hysterical laughter with every re-telling of the story. So that was my shout out and story # 1.
Number two is far more bizarre.
In my e-mail yesterday I received a letter from someone who I had purchased a book online from. It was a very archaic letter, like 2 sentences long, not really anything interesting...until I noticed that for some reason, the sponsored link (which always appears across the top of GMail, for those who don't know) was for the Comfort Clean Bidet. So needless to say, I was all over that link for a couple of reasons. First of all, I had no idea of the proper spelling of the word bidet (those things that clean out your ass, if you didn't click the link) and second of all...it was a link to a bidet site!
So as if that wasn't enough (I could have sworn it was, but things just keep getting funnier in my life), upon my arrival to the site, I browsed the front page for the information on these bidets, and bidet/toilet combos...what to my wondering eyes should appear? A free gift, of course!
Before I tell the punch line here...I'll allow the reader a moment to wonder what could possibly be the free gift included with a bidet. Sticking with cleansing, could it be a douche? Might it be toilet paper or reading material? Might it be a towel to dry off your asshole?
Don't be ridiculous, my friends...the correct answer was, of course, a blood pressure monitor.
http://www.comfortclean.us in case you were curious.
I'll say it again...the best things in life really are free.

No comments: