Monday, September 25, 2006

New stuff to discuss!

Before I start, I'd like to say that I got a laptop and am taking full advantage of it right now by watching PTI and blogging - life is good.
Anyway, it's story time.
Friday, 4:30 p.m. My weekend starts by getting a ride to Canton where Arielle's mom was to pick us up around 7:15...she showed at about 8:10.
Friday, 9:15 p.m. Back to Arielle's house where my mom picks me up to go home and finally eat something.
Friday, 10:15 p.m. I leave my house to go pick up Carly to go watch a movie at Arielle's but I can't get a hold of her.
Friday, 10:45 p.m. I've been circling Chesterland wasting time waiting for Carly to call me back...I eventually decide to man up and just pull into her driveway.
Friday, 11:00 p.m. A confused Carly Konieczny meets me at her door, wondering why she didn't recieve any of my roughly 10 phone calls - there was no reason to miss any of them.
Friday, 11:15-1:30 Saturday. Hanging out at Arielle's watched some of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - not bad. Gene Wilder was a better character, I thought, and I realize they weren't supposed to be the same type of role, I just liked the orig. better.
Saturday, 3:00 a.m. I finally go to bed - not really sure what happened between 1:30 and 3:00 other than taking Carly home...I'll regret this tomorrow.
Saturday, 8:45 a.m. I'm awake and getting ready to go to Michigan State for the Notre Dame game...pretty jacked.
Saturday, 10:10 a.m. Finally get on the road, vague directions in hand, Katy's probably gonna be annoyed when I have to call to get the specific directions in East Lansing...oops.
Saturday, 2:25 p.m. Getting off of what was the wrong freeway in East Lansing, getting tricky directions from Katy who, not surprisingly, was a little annoyed by the fact that I left the real directions on my school computer.
Saturday, 2:45 p.m. Welcoming myself to Katy's apartment - nice place. Katy immediately starts arranging the futon for napping and/or sleeping - what a gal.
Saturday, 3:00 p.m. Take Arielle over to Julie Bucklan's dorm, leave my car there and get Julie's ID so I can get my ticket at the gate...it's a good feeling.
Saturday, 4:00 p.m. Back to Katy's, sit around talking to her and her roommate Liz - who was delightful, by the way - for about an hour. I'm consciouly putting off sleep because it was just good company.
Saturday, 5:00-6:15 p.m. I nap.
Saturday, 7:00 p.m. I'm wide awake and instead of giving me directions, St. Katy gives me a ride to the stadium and points me to the student entrance...I'm ecstatic.
Saturday, 7:45 p.m. I've been getting the "asshole" chant numerous times, but managed to find a few Irish fans in the process. We're in our seats and are being surrounded by MSU fans - after all, it's their student section.
Saturday, 8:10 - 10:30 p.m. This game sucks.
Saturday, 10:45 p.m. I moved to the ND student section in the 2nd quarter, and we're all discussing how we've still got hope, despite being down 37-21 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. By the way, biblical rains just started.
Saturday, 11:05 p.m. It has taken 12 minutes to get the game clock from 12:00 left to 11:27 left. The whole time it's been raining sideways. And I do mean sideways, it's cold and windy.
Saturday, 11:15 p.m. ND scores and makes it a game again, 37-27, and we're starting to feel like we can do this. As if our emotional high isn't getting high fast enough - fate proves that momentum is swinging our way because someone in the parking lot starts blasting off fireworks after the ND touchdown. Freakin sweet, we cheer for the mystery man in the parking lot.
Saturday, 11:30 p.m. The most incredible comeback in the history of my life has just been capped off by a 30 yard Terrail Lambert pick-6 to put the Irish up 40-37 with under 2 minutes left. Mayhem is taking place in the ND student section right now, and I'm a part of it...this is too good to be true.
Saturday, 11:35 p.m. Did Terrail Lambert pick that off?? The referree begins to speak about the call, and all 80,000 fans in attendance are dead silent...no one knows what to expect...which way will it go?
.......INTERCEPTION!!! 24 SECONDS LEFT, THE NEW RETARDED CLOCK RULES MAKE IT SO WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO KNEEL!! ND WINS!!
Saturday, 11:36 p.m. Beauty in its truest form. The most improbable of improbables is done. ND came back, we won, we've done it, high fives, hugs, screams, all of it.
Saturday, 11:40 p.m. No one in the ND fan section has left yet. 90% of MSU's fans are gone...rightfully so. Now begins the coolest thing I've ever done: The student section puts their arms around each other as the football team stands in our corner of the field...the band strikes up, and all of the Notre Dame faithful sing the Alma Mater...a thing of beauty. As soon as we finish screaming the final line of "Love thee Notre Dame," the fight song starts up, and we keep right on rolling with the song - screaming the lyrics and dancing like madmen on the soaking wet stairs/bleachers...not a safe practice, but who cares.
Sunday, 12:00 a.m. I'm finally leaving the stadium, one of the final people to exit...I don't want it to end. I make my way slowly across campus hearing plenty of comments from the MSU fans, and plenty of good comments from the ND fans...I love this.
Sunday, 12:45 a.m. I'm back to my car - which had the parking lights on this entire time - and about to head back to Katy's to wind down the most incredible night of my life...nothing is going to take me down from this high; and to top it off, my car started!

stay tuned, I'll bring more news soon of the rest of the night trying to pull me back to reality, and how Katy was the best hostess ever.

No comments: