Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cavs clinch!!!

YES! The Cleveland Cavaliers have clinched a playoff spot for the first time in 8 years! I'm so pumped about this...I wish desperately that they make it deep into the playoffs - at least long enough for me to be able to be downtown when the win a series. I want nothing more than to be in the actual city of Cleveland celebrating with thousands of delirious fans that our beloved sports team (I don't even care which team does it, but the Cavs are the closest as of this moment) may finally be lifting the curse of this place. ...I love Cleveland!
The Tribe just signed Grady Sizemore through 2011 with an option for 2012! Sorta funny, they signed him to a 1 year contract on March 5th...probably a pleasant surprise for Grady. Anyway, if this team has not just put themselves into position to win a World Series within the next 2 years...I don't even know what to think. A little glimpse at the members we have signed thru the 2007 season: Sizemore, Peralta, Vic Martinez (those 3 are all through 2011, by the way), Sabathia, and Hafner. There are a few others who are still going to be under contract, or possibly having options that could be picked up for the '07 season...but my god, those first 5 are like a murderers row. They're in the works of getting Cliff Lee (18-5 last year) to sign a multi-year deal, which would prove that the Bartolo Colon for Sizemore and Lee deal was actually an insanely smart move.
Furthemore, I'm flat-out pumped about the Browns upcoming season. I received a request today to make a draft preview blog article...but I gotta say, I'm not that knowledgeable about all of it because of the god damn ESPN Insider and how I can barely look at anything on ESPN.com anymore. Really a drag. But the point is that I don't know who the Browns will take this year, but for some reason, I'm actually optimistic that it'll be a good pick...things are starting to turn around for us...maybe it's because I'm from Cleveland and eternal optimism is the only thing we've got at this point, but still. I don't know, I'm pretty pumped about Cleveland right now.
So as always, go Browns, Cavs and Tribe!!! ...!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

The Cavs will be the first Cleveland team in the post-season in a few years, but I still think the Tribe will be the first to win a championship, and I expect it to happen within a year or two, hopefully this year.

A funny thing about that Colon for Sizemore/Lee trade. The headliner of the trade was Brandon Phillips and Lee and Sizemore were not very highly regarded. Funny how that works. The best player to come out of the deal was of course Lee Stevens though, he was awesome.