Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's been too long

Too long since I've talked sports. Obviously, march madness started and held true to its name. That opening weekend was ab fab. Despite my "best" efforts, I managed to lose a final 4 team (Kansas), and like 325 sweet 16 teams (osu, msu, unc, etc.). Basically, it was madness...I'm not even gonna bother assessing this weekend because it was so completely out of control.

In other news, the Browns are just kicking ass this off-season. There's no 2 ways about it, they're tearing shit up.
I'm really not feeling the creative writing vibe right now, so I'm sorry that this sucks as much as having this kid's name.
Some things that I'm calling for this weekend. Watch out for Bradley to give Memphis one hell of a game, but the Tigers will be able to out-hustle the Braves because they're just too fast.
Similarly, Nova will win because they're just too good at that 4 guard offense. It doesn't sound like it should work, but it does...by the way, I have BC in this one, but really, who gives a shit at this point?
Florida's been rollin, but have obviously had 4 days to cool off. Georgetown will give them a good one, but UF will pull it out.
UConn will win, nothing more to it.
Duke will win a customarily close game.
I hate WVU, so Texas better kick their asses.
I don't like Gonzaga...actually, I like everyone on that team except Adam Morrison...so if he goes 0-19 from the field with -3 rebounds but the Zags win, Go Zags! ...but seroiusly, I just can't see Gonzaga beating a legitimate contender in UCLA. So I think UCLA will get the W.
I saved the best for last...GW vs. Wichita State. No doot aboot it, this is the game that everyone will be watching for no real reason. GW has been extremely impressive, taking down an underachieving MSU team and an over-achieving UNC team. Wichita State dominated Seton Hall and edged out the much-questioned Tennessee Vols - who I also dislike. Now, here's the thing about this game...it seems like these two are both the stories that we'll wanna hear about, small conference teams which are about to bring a lot of attention to their respective conferences. One of these teams will go to the elite 8...pretty serious stuff. Most of the time, mid-majors get to the sweet 16 and lose out to the big guys - it's history. But this match-up is the guaranteed in for the little fellas...heart-warming. That said...this story is gonna end up sadly. I don't know who will win this game, in fact, I'm not even gonna make a prediction, but I will say that it'll be a pretty big victory. There's no real reason for it, but one of these teams will get a double digit win.
That's my sweet 16 assessment...completely random, but hey, that's how the dance works - you saw the first 2 rounds. If you don't like my picks...that's your right as an American, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna walk all over America...figuratively, that is, cuz I usually do walk on America's land. Anypoop, I'm also predicting that I'll be wrong on all 8 games. So there you have it, the sweet 16, broken down.
As always, go Browns, Cavs, and Tribe!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

George Mason, not George Washington. Right era, but wrong guy. Either way, not sure how they got this far...simply stunning.