Wednesday, March 08, 2006

If I were a gambling man...

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet on Gonzaga's opponent to cover the double digit spread every time. This team just cannot play a consistent game against a shitty opponent. Despite winning 18 straight, I really think they probably have questionable momentum heading into the tourney, where they'll probably get stuck with a 2 seed - much to their chagrin.

If I were a gambling man, I'd watch UNC with a serious Stink-Eye. These guys are hot. Major threat in the tourney, as a likely 3 seed, they could be the ones to knock off afore-mentioned Gonzaga.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet on the Royals to cover their 63.5 win total this season, because a group of professional baseball players should not be able to lose 99 games in a season.

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet a lot of highly ranked teams to lose in conference tourneys. Every year, at least 1 or 2 top 15 teams lose their conference tourneys sine they're shoo-ins for the Dance.

If I were a gambling man, I wouldn't bet on the US to win the WBC. Nothin more to it, I just don't think they'll win.

If I were a gambling man, I'd make sure to get in a tourney pool because those are the best wastes of money on the entire planet.

And Finally, if I were a gambling man, I'd end up owing money to a guy named Shawn, who would wear a pair of lace up shin-length boots and excruciatingly tight pants - generally shirtless as well. Furthermore, he would be a man of moderately small stature, and he'd present himself to me with a musical interlude with words like "I'm just a sexy boy..." Of course, my only defense at this point would be waiting for someone to shatter a piece of glass nearby and i come storming right up to Shawn, kick him in the stomach, and finish him off with A STONE COLD STUNNER!!!

Anyway, I might have gotten carried away with that last part, but as always, go Cavs (4 in a row), go Browns, and go Tribe!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

It's a shame you're not a gambling man...

Nye 1.0! said...

Allow me to say this about the US and the WBC. They were favored to win 3rd at best by all the baseball analysts that count for anything. Dominican Republic and Venezula were favored to be in the championship. If I were a gambling man i wouldnt put money on the US to win bronze.






PS Do they have gold, silver, and bronze in the WBC?